When it comes to conjuring up creative, tasty meals from a simple chicken breast, the possibilities are endless. So here’s more proof from the Scrumdiddlyumptious kitchen: Parmesan chicken in a creamy tomato sauce.
You’ll Need (for 4):
For the coating:
– 2 chicken breasts
– 4 tbsp flour
– 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp pepper
For the sauce:
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 chopped garlic clove
– 7 oz dried tomatoes
– 8¾ oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 12 fl oz milk
– 1⅓ oz grated parmesan
– salt and pepper
– 2 tbsp chopped basil
1. For the cheese coating, mix flour, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
2. Cut the chicken breasts lengthways and roll them in the coating so that you create four chicken escalopes.
3. Heat up the olive oil and fry the chicken breasts on both sides. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and dab away some of the oil from it.
4. Add the garlic and dried tomatoes to the pan. Add the mushrooms and pour in the milk; make sure the mushroom are cooked through. Now leave the sauce to thicken before adding the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To finish, place the chicken breasts back in the pan and sprinkle some basil on top.