Sometimes there’s nothing better than a tempting chocolate ice cream! Let’s learn how to make it at home in the true Italian style.
On a wonderful day like today, there’s nothing better than a tempting chocolate ice cream, do you want to make it at home? Let’s go and see how! We’ll need:
• ½ cup (50 g) of unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2/3 cup (150 ml) of heavy cream
• 2 tsp (15 g) of glucose syrup
• less than 1 cup (160 g) of white sugar • 2 cups (500 ml) of fresh whole milk
• ½ cup (120 g) of egg yolks
• less than1 tbsp (5 g) of carob powder
Let’s prepare together the chocolate ice cream:
In a saucepan, pour the milk… the heavy cream… the glucose syrup… and let it melt, without bringing to a boil.
Now we’ll use the carob powder, that is a thickener which can be bought at health food stores or pharmacy; anyway, if you can’t find it, you can omit this ingredient, so sift it… over a bowl… add the sugar… the egg yolks… and now beat to blend the ingredients.
Pour the sugar and egg mixture into the milk and bring to 185° degrees Fahrenheit (85°C).
When you reach the right temperature, remove the mixture from the heat and add the sifted unsweetened cocoa powder. Beat with a whisk, after that place in a bowl of water and ice to drop the temperature. When the mixture is cold, put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Now pour the ice cream into the ice cream maker… and let it run until thick and creamy.
The ice cream is ready, now transfer to a food container with lid.. and keep in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
Our tempting chocolate ice cream is ready to be served, perhaps with wafers or biscuits. From Sonia and GialloZafferano, bye bye and see you next videorecipe!
- Food Wishes Recipes – Chocolate Egg Cream – New York’s Famous Chocolate Egg Cream Drink Recipe
- Betty’s Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
- VIDEO RECIPE – CHOCOLATE CREAM
- chocolate cake being covered with butter cream
- Chocolate Cheesecake – RECIPE