Apple French Toast Roll-Ups – slices of bread, filled with delicious cream cheese and apple cinnamon mixture, rolled and dipped in egg and milk mixture and then cooked until golden brown. And that is not all, once cooked, they are rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture for extra flavor and texture.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 10-12 roll-ups
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut in small pieces
1/2 tsp (1.5g) cinnamon
2 tsp (10ml) lemon juice
3 tbsp (45ml) milk
10-12 toast bread slices
4 oz (120g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup (67g) sugar
1 tsp (3g) ground cinnamon
2 tbsp (28g) butter, for cooking
1. Place apple pieces, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over low-heat for about 3 minutes, until apples start to soften. Transfer apples into a bowl and set aside to cool until ready to use.
2. In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
3.Remove crust from each slice of bread and flatten using a rolling pin.
4. Spread cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread.
5. Add about 1-2 tsp of apples and roll up each slice.
6. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter.
7.Dip each roll in egg mixture and cook on each side until golden brown. Cook 3-4 roll at a time. Clean the pan slightly with a paper towel and repeat until all rolls are cooked.
8. Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture.
9. Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.
Background music https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/esq-3_126884
Video by: Home Cooking Adventure