Sooji uttapam is a very option for healthy breakfast. Suji uttapam is a south Indian recipe made with rava (semolina). It’s very healthy and can be packed into kids lunch box.
How to make Suji Uttapam:
• 200 grams semolina/suji
• 1 cup dahi/ yoghurt
• 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
• 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup finely chopped French beans
• 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
• 1 green chilly sliced
• 1 tsp Salt or as per taste
• Freshly chopped coriander leaves
• Few sprig of curry leaves
How to make:
1. Put suji/semolina, yoghurt in a bowl, mix it well and make a medium thick batter.
2. The batter is ready now cover it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes uncovered the lid and you will see the batter has become thick because semolina has absorbed all the water so add water accordingly to make a smooth batter (You can take more or less water as per your requirement). Keep on adding water until you get the proper consistency. The batter should not be very thick or thin.
4. Now add all the chopped veggies capsicum, French beans, carrot, onion, coriander leaves, green chilly, curry leaves and salt.
5. Mix it well and make a smooth medium thick batter.
6. Take a non-stick pan and make it hot on medium flame, once tawa is hot enough grease the pan with oil and wipe off the excess oil with tissue paper to make the pan smooth.
7. Now spread a spoonful of batter evenly in clockwise.
8. Drizzle little oil all around and cook it on medium flame till it becomes brown from downwards.
9. Put little oil on top and turn it upside down and cook till brown spots appear on the surface.
10. Prepare rest of the suji uttapam in the same way
11. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any green chutney of your choice.
See all the tools I use:
Our Team Members:
DOWNLOAD MY ANDROID APP!
Video by: Mints Recipes